Rotary Conifer Evening Club Meeting Information
Mornings are difficult for some of us, that is why we now have an evening club. Please join us at 5:30 PM every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at St. Laurence Episcopal Church, 26812 Barkley Rd. in Conifer. We have the same interests and ambitions as the morning club, a group that endeavors to help people in our local mountain community and around the world.
Donate to Rotary Conifer Community Projects
Rotary Peaches are coming, place you order now!
Download this form and mail to our club at PO Box 1430, Conifer CO 80433.
There will be no Club Meeting next Tuesday
Program: Report from the Conifer Rotary Foundation
The minutes of the last meeting, June 2, 2015 were approved by the Club.
Ed Steinbrecker gave a history of the Conifer Rotary Foundation, defining it as compared to the Rotary Club of Conifer and the Rotary International Foundation. Under the by-laws, the members of the Foundation are the Rotary Club members and an annual meeting required. The Foundation is a 501©3, incorporated in the State of Colorado and is a not-for-profit through the IRS. Funds coming to the Foundation are tax-deductible.
The Board of the Foundation consists of seven members. Membership includes the Club President and President Elect, the past District Governor and the remainder are elected by the Club membership.
Foundation Board President, Wendy Woodland, reviewed the fund-raising during the past year and the organizations that have benefited from the funds raised. The total giving for 2015-16 is $18,400 (this includes Grants, Scholarships and RYLA scholarships). From 2005-2016 the funds given to community organizations from the Foundation is $178,854.
There was discussion about the fund-raising that will need to happen in the coming year in order to continue the community contributions. Mark Rehm reminded the members to make their quarterly contribution to the Foundation as part of their dues. More discussion about fund-raising will be part of the Club Board meeting.
The grant submissions deadline to get funds from the Foundation for the coming year will be September 16, 2016. The announcement for applications will be on the Club Website.
Election for new Board member: It was moved by Ed Steinbrecker and seconded by Wes Paxton that Ruth Morehouse be retained on the Board of Directors of the Conifer Rotary Foundation. She accepts the nomination.
Melony Harris provided the financial report for the fiscal year. The proceeds from the Home and Garden Show have not yet been included in the report.
Guests: Shirley Johnson (MRC), Carol Carper (Evergreen Rotary)
- The Beer-Tasting Fund-raiser for Evergreen Rotary last Friday was a big success.
- The Picnic for transition of our officers will be at Mark’s home this Saturday. The Board meeting will be at 4 pm and dinner at 5pm. The meat will be provided; please sign up for side dishes. Contact Audrey Matson.
- The Peaches come August 26!! Watch for the order form, which will be coming on-line, or contact Angela.
- The Interact Club Run-the-Ranch on Saturday was a big success. There were 93 participants, which is near capacity. The money report is not yet in. The fastest runner was finished in 23 minutes.
- The Interactors go to Children Hospital to do “Carnival”…the group takes their own supplies, games to engage the children.
- The Interact Club sent a thank you to the Conifer Rotary for their support of the Run The Ranch.
- Charlotte Wytias sends a big thank you to the evening Club members who moved the freezers out of the Back Pack Pantry, and moving shelving into the Pantry! Big job, well done!!!
Shirley Johnson is the special events coordinator at MRC. She reviewed the many services that are provided through MRC. She brought information about the Addams Family fun-raiser which will be held at Center Stage, Evergreen July 6, 2016 at 6:30pm (for a reception) and the performance is at 7:30. The performance will be done by Evergreen Players. The cost is $25 per person and all proceeds will go to MRC. Donations can be made for a family who cannot afford to attend. Tickets can be purchased through the MRC website: www.mrcco.org.
Vocational Presentation: Ruth Morehouse
Ruth was introduced to Rotary by Mat Matson. She is a clinical psychologist and certified sex-therapist, with her husband. They do programs in places around the world. They also work with individuals and families as well as couples workshops. They do workshops for therapists around the USA as well as a number of countries---the program is called the “crucible approach”. Ruth and David have one daughter, who works in Carbondale.
50/50: Wes Paxton
Contact us by email at: RotaryClub@RotaryConifer.org
Our postal address is: PO Box 1430, Conifer CO 80433
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Ruth MooreJune 3
Wes PaxtonJune 11
Cathy TaylorMarkJune 15
Wendy WoodlandNicholas WoodlandJune 17