Rotary Conifer Evening Club Meeting Information
Mornings are difficult for some of us, that is why we now have an evening club. Please join us at 5:30 PM every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at St. Laurence Episcopal Church, 26812 Barkley Rd. in Conifer. We have the same interests and ambitions as the morning club, a group that endeavors to help people in our local mountain community and around the world.
Donate to Rotary Conifer Community Projects
PROGRAM: District Governor Bill Downes
District Governor Bill Downes joined us today to talk about the current issues with Rotary. He is very proud of Rotary International and our District 5450 in particular. District 5450 has over 3000 members and 63 Rotary Clubs, and this doesn’t include Satellite Clubs, Interact, Rotaract and Young Professionals. He was pleased to announce that Charity Navigator, an evaluation organization that scores non-profits, rated Rotary International as one of only three organizations that received a perfect score.
Bill went on to talk about the great success that Rotary is having in the battle against Polio. Although there were 4 new cases recently discovered he is confident that we will defeat this devastating disease. In addition to Rotary’s well known effort to eradicate disease around the globe, we are strong supporters of clean water and sanitation for disadvantaged people. We send Peace scholars to areas of conflict, and we are known for our efforts to promote literacy and education around the world.
Our District is labeled as a superuser district because we are very active in our charity efforts and we effectively use local and global grants for our programs.
Bill Downes DG, Curt Harris AG, Joey Wilson, Craig Kubik, Teri Hermsmeyer of Boulder Flatirons Club
NEW MEMBER INDUCTION:
Welcome Kim Thomas and Amy Baker into our group.
- The CHS football team made finals
- On Wednesday, November 30, the Club will meet at Brooks for Happy Hour; more information is on our website: http://rotaryconifer.org.
- The Board meeting minutes are now posted on our website under the Our Club tab.
- Joey Wilson volunteered to sponsor of the Conifer HS Interact Club.Thank you Joey!
- The RI President’s Dinner is January 7, 2017, 5:30pm at the Denver Marriott South, in Littleton.Net proceeds from the dinner and additional contributions will be donated to the End Polio Now campaign.All funds will be matched $2 for every $1 by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation!Go to www.rotary5450.org.Cost is $65.
- The Salvation Army needs bell ringers for King Soopers, starting this Thursday November 17th. Please sign up on Sign-up-Genius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4bada82ca6f58-conifer1/, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Angela to sign up.
- Wine and Dine-Festival of Trees is this Saturday, 4-8pm, at Ron Lewis’ Barn.Irene is coming to prep food and Yvonne will have desserts. This is a fund-raising event for the Conifer Chamber of Commerce. Go to http://www.goconifer.com/events-wine-tasting-festival-trees for tickets and more information, tickets are $30 in advance.
- The Conifer Town Hall Meeting is 7:00 PM next Wednesday at West Jefferson Middle School.
50/50: Jesse McKean
Contact us by email at: RotaryClub@RotaryConifer.org
Our postal address is: PO Box 1430, Conifer CO 80433
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Nancy LynchJim LynchDecember 31